We bought Tate a leather kit from Tandy Leather this year for Christmas. It was a huge hit, it is one of the things he has played with and used almost everyday since. Taylor also got a pattern for some saddle bags for Christmas, so the two of them have been busting the winter blues with some serious leather work. They have been to classes on Saturdays, and tooling away on our pool table ever since. The twins have even gotten in on the action, and after much delibreration, we decided they could each get their own malet?????!!!! YIKES!!! These two little hammers came with many conditions......there were stict guidelines on what exactly they could use them for!!!!!!( I could just see Whit, finding all sorts of handy man needs around the house)!!!!
It has been really fun watching the projects come together.....Taylor has a niche for this..he has made headstalls, a pair of Awesome saddle bags, spur straps, a belt...you name it. But the one project I CANNOT wait for is MY PURSE!!!!!!! He is on it......pictures to come!!!! If he keeps this up we might not have to buy tack ever again!!!!!
Tater's stuff!!
Taylor tooled every piece and HAND STITCHED the entire the thing!!
I love this...they have the same look of concentration!!
Headstalls!!!! I think Lucky will look Really good in one of these!!!
2 comments:
Oh I love it! SO creative and what beautiful results. When I was a kid my dad was way into leather work too and made us all belts with our names in them. What a treasure. Awesome job guys!
They are beautiful. Yes... The kids, your husband and the work they are doing! What talent they have. I love their concentration.
Post a Comment