Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Battle Creek Falls


For  12 years now at my work, I have been hearing people talk about this hike up to a water fall  in Pleasant Grove.  I have wanted to take the kids, but just got around to it this past Labor day!!  It's funny how you just drive around all over the county for years and never see the hidden gems that are all around you!!
  It is a great little hike, the twins made it, not to far some steeper parts but totally do able!!!  The kids had a blast, and right as we got to the Battle Creek Falls, there were some adrenaline junkies repelling down the water fall!!! Good watching!!!

 
XOXOXO!
 
 
Tate has turned into quite the adrenaline junkie himself!! He just gets braver, and braver, not worrying about the what ifs so much!! I love it! It surprised me that he wanted to cross this log, but he did, and he went out and back!!!
 

 
The hike was a little more than what Whit signed up for.... his legs hurt about 15 feet from the car!!!!  I kept telling him you can do it, look at all these kids that are hiking!!  When we got to the falls, he said," wooh..that sure was a busy day mom"!!  LOL!! So he rested on the rock!
 
 
Yep, you guessed it, Petunia was not about to sit on the sidelines! She did it too.  Well, at least until Taylor couldn't get to her!!!!
 


LOL!! He started where Tate was at, and turned around and called it a day!! Good job Pork Chop!
 
Geez... I Love these guys!!
 

No comments: