
Most of you who know me, know the story about my Aunt Lauri going to Africa the first of this year. She is a nurse, decided that she had a bucket list and on it was go to Africa on a Humanitarian mission, and to hike Mt. Kilamajario, and SHE DID....BY HERSELF!!! The whole story is so cool, and amazing... I don't know another person who would have went by themselves, and did what she did. So Friday, we got to go here her speak about her "Life Changing Journey" in Layton at a medical conference. She said she was so nervous, but after hearing her speak, I don't think she could have been, she stood up there and acted like she had been doing it for years! Her speech was at the end of a seminar that these medical professionals had been sitting in all day, and there was not one person in that room that wanted to even leave to go to the bathroom...they were glued! Hell I was glued and I knew what was coming next. Her whole goal for this was to encourage and inspire others, that no matter what challenges you face, to keep pushing on and tell yourself YOU CAN DO IT! There was not a dry eye in the house when she finished. Laur... I am so proud of you, you make me want to do more, and you have inspired me, and made me push myself through some rough situations(nothing like that damn mountain though!! I just want you to know that the whole time I was listening my heart was pounding with pride, and just like Gramps would have said.....That my Aunt Lauri! I love you!
2 comments:
Oh Kel,
I am so glad you and your Mom were able to come listen to me about something that is very close to my heart. When I felt a little nervous I looked to see if you were still there.... Africa really has been a life chaning joureny for me. And no matter what happens in the future with my health, I can say I gave it ALL hell!
I love you, thanks for coming and your support throughout this journey. Love Aunt Laur
That really is so inspirational. I am so inspired by people that not only get great, philanthropic ideas, but follow THROUGH on them. Kudos to her.
Post a Comment