Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Babies!

Today is the babies birthday, and I cannot believe that they are 1 !!!!! What a year it has been...an up and down roller coaster of emotions in the beginning, and pure fun chaos since then. I have gotten choked up more than once this week. On the 1st of Dec, I kept thinking back to the panic that struck when we realized that they were coming sooner than we thought.

These two are tough, there have been very few days that I haven't thought back to the NICU days. And not one day that I don't thank heaven for being able to leave there as lucky and as healthy as we did. My heart drops when I see a baby with a helmet on...that totally could have been Whit, and every time I get Reese dressed and see her scar, I have a moment!

So today was celebration! We had a party tonight with all our family, A far cry from the whirlwind we had going on this time last year! I felt so lucky to be in the situation that we are in! Happy Birthday babies, WE LOVE YOU!!

Opening presents!(at6:00 in the morning!!! Nobody sleeps in around here!)

Double Trouble!


Reese and GG, Reese loving on her baby, and carrying her new horse purse!



Dads Boy!

Opening presents x two is a little crazy!

My twiners!


7 comments:

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

I can't believe they are 1!!! What cute birthday kids. Think the Bert and Ernie on the cake are funny since that is what you called them before they were born.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Whit and Reese... wow, where has the time gone? We LOVE you!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe it and I remember them a year ago! I remember peeking at Whit on the open isolette, standing 2+ feet away and still getting some nervous stares from his nurse :) Love the cake!! Congrats on one year!!

Rod and Jess said...

What blessings those little munchkins are! I can't believe it's been a full year either! You did ride a pretty wild roller coaster there! Thank heavens it's of a different sort now a days! Hope they had the best birthday ever! They are so dang CUTE!

The Blackham3 said...

One year!!!! Happy birthday! I remember the first time I met Whit. I felt so bad that sissy wasn't by his side...I gave him EXTRA TLC. I was IN LOVE! What a sweetheart baby. Then I met is AWESOME mom and dad. I knew right then, these kids were so lucky not only to have each other, but to have wonderful parents that loved them. It was such a pleasure to take care of Whit, while mommy and daddy ran back and forth, all the time with smiles on their faces. One of my best memories as a NICU nurse,is when Reese came just in time from Primary's to co-bed with her brother....So tiny next to him. I will remember your story forever. These darlings and stories like theirs, is why I get up and go to work everyday! Happy birthday sweethearts! XOXOXO

Heather Vincent said...

Happy Birthday Reese and Whit! It brings tears to my eyes reading your post. A year ago on the 11th is when I got really super sick and was put in the hospital down here. Paizlei's birthday is on the 17th. I am TOTALLY with you on not believing the year has already come and gone. I think it has been one of the fastest years of my life. I hope it was a fun and enjoyable year for you and your family!

Lyndsey said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe they are 1! I love the cake.