Saturday, April 24, 2010

I DID IT!!!

Today was a big day for me. With the help of my awesome running partner and friend Jen, and the help of my hubby and my parents, I finished my first half marathon!!! Something that 4 months ago I would have called B.S. on!!!!!
Jen and I got inspired after seeing the biggest loser contestants do it, and we thought...hell if they can we can!!!!LOL!! It was a lot of running for 3 months, but in the end totally worth it!!! It is amazing at what your mind....not your body can and will do, because my body was crying uncle about 10 miles in!!!! ( who ever thought that the last mile and a half should be up hill was up in the night!!!)
But we did it, we finished in 2 hours and 7 minutes, and had my family cheering me on the whole way!!! My mom gave me some inspiration...(Believe) and made some signs for the kids to hold, and it was just what we needed! Our saying around here when we are rodeoing or doing something competitive is "Give'r The Onions, and Tate has said for 2 months that is what he would say.......and that is what the sign said!!!! It was pretty cool!
So I celebrated today with a Lehi Bakery donut with the kids, and a handful of IBprohen with a chaser of Pepsi!!!( Leaded...NO DIET!!
Thanks again Jen, your awesome, I'm so glad our paths finally crossed, you were BIG inspiration!! And thanks Taylor for the awesome support and hanging with the kids on all the long runs!! And my parents, they rock and are behind me in everything I do!!!!! I love all you guys!

The home stretch......I was feeling the burn!

Jen....I hope you were feeling the burn!!LOL!


The 9 mile mark..where our cheering section was..it was awesome!!



Our signs..Mine..Give"R the Onions & Jen's....Run Skylee's Mom Run!!!!


GG and Reese!

Whit and Tater waiting for the action! ( I think they were waiting for a while!)!!!!LOL!!


7 comments:

Bateman's Latest Kill said...

That is so AMAZING!! I passed the runners this morning on my run and thought how awesome is that, I am hoping to do one in July any advice I would be happy to take. Nice JOB!

My Life Changing Journey said...

I knew you could do it. Your right it is funny what our minds say we can do and then one's poor old body follows kicking and screeming. I am so proud of you, way to kick em in the n-ts!

Jennifer said...

That was pretty amazing!! I'm so glad that I had you as a running/workout buddy. You kept me going! Thank you for being such a great friend!I love ya to pieces!
Good Job! We can mark that one off our list!

Heather Vincent said...

Congratulations! I am so inspired. I have been training to run a 1/2 marathon for about 2 weeks now. It's a lot of hard work and dedication, but seeing amazing people (like you) finish it, I know I can do it.

Rod and Jess said...

Woo-Hoo! Way to go! And you even beat your time! I am so impressed and so proud of you! What a great accomplishment! Congrats to both of you!

Candace said...

You ROCK! I keep thinking I am going to start training, and then I come up with a great excuse. :) I always feel guilty though.

Stephanie Taylor said...

YOU ROCK WOMEN! I am so proud of you both and amazed at your ability to make it happen! You are super woman! Way to go!