Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daddy Will Fix it!

This is one of those stories that I want to look back on and remember!!!!
Last night most of Lehi was out of power. First you should know, that I REALLY do not like it when the power is out, it freaks me out for some reason. So I was getting jammies on Reese, and I thought that Whit had turned the light out on us. It happens regularly!! But then the lights flickered and I knew we were out! Taylor was roping, so I was solo without lights!! My gut instinct was.." Load up we are going to GG and Grandpa's...but then Tate started with his little worried mind, and I knew I had to suck it up. So I told Tate to wait there with the twins and I would go get a candle. I went to the kitchen, while calling Taylor, to try and ease my mind...he was already at work, the poor horses were still on the trailer!!!
I get the candle, and head back to the babies room, and I hear Tate telling the babies.." don't worry that the power is out..dad is a lineman and he will fix it, right mom, call dad so he will just turn the power back on'!!!
By now I had gotten a grip on myself, and had to get Tate to get a grip!!!! So I handed him the candle and told him to hold it while I got Whit's jammies on. He takes a task to heart, and was serious about the job! The whole time asking room by room if it's power was out!
I get Whit on the changing table, and he says," what got Tate, a candle?" and he blows it out!!!!
Tate freaks..." MOM....WHIT!!! Mom now what do we do?" Whit thinks it is hilarious, so I lite it again, and he blows it right out! About giving Tate a nervous breakdown at a young age!!! So I get him down and he follows Tate through the house trying to blow the candle out, like the big bad wolf!!! By now I have the giggles!! The personality differences in this house are priceless!
So we find a couple of flash lights, and every room we go into Tate is saying..."I am first I am the leader"...only because he wanted to be RIGHT BEHIND me!!!! Then he says.." well the power is out, I guess it is a good time to go to bed!" It is like 7:45!! So I
said well let's all go snuggle in my bed and see if it comes back on! ( I could use a 1o hour rest!!}
Everyone has there flash light, and Tate is still asking a million questions. Little miss Reese, who knows that she shouldn't be in our bed, (she is such a naughty sleeper) looks up at me and says " Mom, I sleep in your bed"!!!! She said it just like she was the one who ordered the power outage! Tho whole night was one of those times that got my funny bone!!! Kids have no filter, they feel what they feel and say what they say!!
Anyway, we finally got settled pretty good, and Tate had been telling the babies all along that dad was fixing the power...so Reese sat up and told Whit " go sleep, daddy fix it!"

3 comments:

Rod and Jess said...

I thought about the linemen out there fixing that in the wind and snow all night! Thank goodness for such brave men! They rank right up there with firemen and policemen in my book! Good thing those daddies are such good fixers! :)
Your little munchkins are so stinkin' cute! They do come with such different personalities . . . which makes being a mom all sorts of fun! If you figure one out, NOTHING applies to the next! :)
We've missed you at the good ol' rec! Hope everything is okay - or that I'm just blind and haven't seen you!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, I love it! LOL, I can completely imagine the entire scene in my head! Your kids are awesome and they CRACK ME UP!!!

Cale and Cortney said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing and making me smile :) Your kids are hilarious.....