Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rodeo Life!!!

The last Jr. Rodeo of the winter series we have been going to was this weekend, it was such a good time. Tate grew leaps and bounds from beginning to end. We started the first weekend without a horse, by the second weekend he decided to enter the lead line barrels, and walk Scooby at a comfy pace!! By the third weekend...Tate Scooby and Taylor were on a dead trot!!! Tate was smiling and looking around to see that we saw the whole time!!! It was awesome!!! He had even won a little money from the dummy roping the weekend before and we didn't even know it!! The first thing he asked was if we could go to Toys R Us!! We hung out with Josh Jen and Skylee, ate some rodeo snacks, and cheered the kids on!!
GG and Grandpa have not missed a rodeo yet!! We are so lucky to have them love us so much and want to be a part of what we are. I know my kids will look back when they are older like I did and realize how cool and important it was in their lives!!
Really I cannot think of a better way to spend my weekend, than being at a rodeo with my family. It is the life I have always looked forward to. I have thought about this weekend to myself since we have gotten home, and choked up a little. I love being a rodeo mom... I don't care if I enter another jackpot as long as I can go with the kids!!!
And one more sappy thing!!!! Taylor...seriously he is the best dad. He has spent so much time with Tate, helping him, when he could have been roping himself. He has so many patience with him, and has given him the confidence he needs!! Good job Dad!!
Now all we need is the next rodeo.....the trailer is packed!






Ready to Run!!!



$9 dollars richer!!!

Waiting for the National Anthem!!

Bampa and Reese!


Whit had to down in the action.. i think he is going to have to be entered next time!




Skylee and Josh....so cute!




These two are BUDDIES!!





These 4 are TROUBLE!!!







This 1 little girl is meaner than hell!!








3 comments:

jeannie said...

That was so much fun watching the kids,Tate is doing so good,No better way to spend the weekend!!!

Lisa and Kate said...

That is truly the cutest thing I have ever seen! Congrats on the 9 bucks Tater! They are growing way too fast!

Stephanie Taylor said...

These are the cutest rodeo kids I've ever seen and I love that your whole family is involved. We'd love to come to the next round! Love you all and great job Tate!