Sunday, March 6, 2011

ZooKeeper of the Week!

This week was Tate's turn to be Zookeeper of the week!! It is the week when the spotlight is on you, and your mom gets to come to class and do an activity with everyone. Things to me that are what makes being a mom great!! So Tate wanted to do a Safari thing, which was such a good idea, because our Aunt Lauri went to Africa not long ago, and made Tate, and Brykn both an incredible book of all the animals she took pictures of on her safari!!! So we centered around that!!
With the help of family and good friends, we saved enough toilet paper rolls to make everyone a pair of binoculars, and we got some brown paper bags from the grocery store and made some safari vests!! The kids decorated them with stickers and stamps, and made them their own. Then they snacked on some animal crackers while we read Aunt Laur's book!! Everyone, even Tate's two teachers were so into the animals in the book!! It was great!! Tate was so excited to give everyone their stuff, and tell them his facts he knew about safari life!! He is doing so well in school, and he has really came out of his shell there!! I couldn't help but smile, and be proud. Thank you so much Laur for the awesome book, Tate was so so so excited to do this!!! He made a great Zookeeper!!





I got to tell everyone all about my Tate!!! He is pretty awesome you know!!!



Coloring, stamping, and stickering!!




Everyone loved the Giraffe picture!!!
I thought it was so cute that they were using there binoculars while I was reading!!




Totally into it!!! And he knew what was coming next.....Now THAT is a good story!!!!



5 comments:

Stephanie Taylor said...

Kel you are an AWESOME mom! What great ideas! I think I see a birthday party theme. So much fun. Good Job Tater too!

jeannie said...

Tate , we love you, you are an great Zoo keeper, and Grandson( Moms pretty good to)!!!

Elder Logan Cottle said...

Um....you aren't a stalker!!! You know me! I work out with you at the gym! Hello!!! :) Even though we don't "hang out" I would still count us as friends ;) Stalk anytime! Your kids have grown up so quickly. I am sure you still only have one! Your cute little belly when you are pregnant.....time sure flies :)

Pot Pie said...

Tater is pretty special.. We love our Tater Pot Pie!!

Lisa and Kate said...

You are such an amazing mom! What lucky kids you have! Will you adopt me? What fun they had!