In mid April We headed back down to St. George to finish our race series runs. It was WET!!!! So wet, it rained solid the whole entire day of the race, just gloomy and yucky!!! I was ticked, when I head south I want SUNSHINE!!!!!! But... we made do. It was a fun race because they had a kids run before the big race, and the kids ran their little butts off!!!
The fun part was that my parents and Lauri and Buck came down with us, and cheered the kids on! The smiles!!!
You should have seen the smiles!!!
When we got there bright and early that morning, it was cold, it was wet, and we were all wondering what in the hell we were thinking???? Whit didn't even want to get out of the stroller!!! When I asked him " aren't you going to get out so you can run with the kids, he said....." no I just want my sister to push me!!!!!" He did get out and run for about 200 yards then Taylor was following behind to put him in the stroller and call it a day!!! Tate, Brykn, and Reese on the other hand, ran like they were running from the law!!!!!
The boys took off like lightening they did so good!! I just love to see the smiles of pure pride!! I was so proud of them, Tate did awesome!!! Reese..... that little girl is a ball of stubborn determination!!! Sometimes in my favor....alot of times not!!! The gun went off and she never weakened!!! She ran the entire way..I kept trying to get her to walk for a minute.....but not a chance!!! She was the caboose of the whole kids race, but had no idea, and ran her little stubborn heart out!!
The Grandma and Grandpa cheering section was waiting with signs they had made for them, and I think they thought they had won the world for a second!!
This is when Whit wanted Reese to push him!!!! (Only problem...she can't see over the stroller!!}
Look their feet aren't even touching the ground!!!!
This is when you know you are loved!!! Our families waiting for Tif and I to finish. Standing out in the rain!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!
Can you see Reese.... ahead of me in the pink pants taking off with all she had!!
2 comments:
You are all so awesome! I think Reese could outrun me any day. Great Job on the posters GG! I love the shapes - you are awesome. Way to Run Like the Wind Bullseye! XOXO
Oh my hell! I love you and your kids! Nothing more to say!
Post a Comment