Sunday, May 15, 2011

We Rocked The Red Rock!

Warning....Picture Overload!!!!


( This was a historical event...I had to make sure everyone had their fame)!!! LOL!




Such a fun weekend!! Taylor and I, Heath and Steph, and Jen and Josh...loaded up and headed to Moab this weekend for the 70 mile 6 man team, Red Rock Relay!! It was Heath's idea clear back last year, and I had my reservations about it.... but it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!


Spending 12 hours in the car with 5 people has never been such a riot!! We ran, we laughed...ALOT....and cheered each other on, and the friends that we made along the way!!!


No matter what the cost....having that much fun with 5 great people is PRICELESS!!! Thanks you guys I love ya all!!


And last but not least...my parents.....once again.... they took the kiddo's!!! It has been since I got pregnant with the twins that we have went somewhere for a weekend.....It is so nice to be able to just miss your kids and not have to worry about them. I know that they had just as much fun as we did!!! Thank you mom and dad!!! SOOOO MUCH!!!!






The start of the race!!




Heath named us the "Intrepid Runners"!!! It took me till this weekend to figure out that Intrepid meant fearless!!!!

Six of the funniest people you've even been with!!!




Steph started us out, and she KILLED it. I am so proud of her....she knocked out 6 miles her 1st leg like it was nothin.....and had the worst 2nd leg in America..straight up the mountain....I am not even kidding our car had a hard time climbing it!!! Steph..YOU ROCK!!







This is what pure victory looks like!!!






Her other half!!







Next was Taylor....still hadn't ran once since the 1/2 marathon, and made it look easy!!! His nickname was green...that is what all the other teams called him!!! This was such a fun thing to do together....He has been such and awesome guy to support me though all this running craziness, and to even jump on the wagon and do it with me!!! I love this guy!!







Look at him pass that big burley dude!!!! TNT!!!





Look at that hand off......Next was Jen....the animal....!!!








This girl has a stride like you have never seen!!!! She is funny, tough, and beautiful to boot!!! So much fun to be around!!! And runs like she stole it!! The worst part of her 1st run wasn't the nasty kills...it was that she had to run right past the Castle Creek Winery!!!! Torture!!!







HAHAHAH!! I told ya we were fun!!






Heath took the 4th leg...5 miles of total up hill.....he had sheer determination on this one, because it was not easy!!! He even ran so fast he past Batman, and left him in the dust!!!LOL!!








Look at these calves!!!!! After each leg you finish you earn your Red Rock Relay stripe!!! They wear them well!!!





Heath handed off to me.....2.37 miles not far, but it was uphill, and the elevation hit me hard at first!!!! But having my team driving by and blowing a blow horn at me, sent me right up the hill!!!







I stepped on a dead snake on this leg too...Almost peed my pants!!!







And this is Josh "the Gazelle" Cowdell!!! Never ran once before the race....and climbed some of the steepest nastiest hill like a mountain goat!!! Tough.....pure tough!!! He took the last legs and bought us to the finish!!






One of the cutest couples ever!!!!!






We actually finished the whole thing faster than we thought!!!


It really was so much fun!!!! Thanks again Intrepid Runners!!!! We rock!!



3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Way to go, you guys!!!! I can't believe you stepped on a dead snake. I know I would have wet my pants.

Stephanie said...

YAY! We did it! Thanks for capturing all these great pics. I think we were the funnest team in town and I loved every minute of it (almost). We did ROCK THE RED ROCK!

jeannie said...

I love getting to see the pictures it is almost like being there, you guys are all awesome! What will Heath think of next!!!