Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cowboy Kids!!




I love summer.  I love everything about it!!  Traditions run deep at our house, and summer wouldn't be complete without heading down to Hinckley for the annual celebration!  I won my first buckle barrel racing there when I was around 10... with the $25 dollar entry that my Grandpa Hopes paid!!!!!  So to go these days with my kiddo's and my parents as the grandparents, is really really cool!  With all of the family that I have down there and all of the family that comes just for the action and fun, we have a really good time!

This year was one for the books though.  My kids and my cousins kids all entered up!  It was so fun to see them all compete and cheer each other on!!! 

Of course Reese started the peer pressure with her brothers, because she wanted to ride a sheep!!!!! This girl has grit!!  She got a little nervous when she got the actual number on her back, but she didn't weaken and rode like a champ, with a little help from her dad!!!
Whit said no way when I asked if he wanted to ride one, but after Reese went, we walked behind the chutes, and another little guy decided sheep riding wasn't his thing, so Whit took his number and rode the hair off one too.....well, of course with dad's help again!!!

The icing on the cake was Mr. Tate!!!!  He decided he wanted Taylor to do the hide race with him!!!! I almost died when he asked.....of all the things, hide racing is not what I would think my"Safety Sam" would pick!  But he wanted to and I was not about to discourage his bravery!!!!  I think the very best part of the whole thing was when the announcer call them up..." Chad Taylor, Tate Taylor your up"!!! It just has a nice ring to it!!!  He did awesome!!!!  Taylor did so good with him to, going just as fast as Tate could handle!! The crowd was cheering so loud for him and so were all of his cousins....IT WAS PRICELESS!!!!  And it was just what he needed to fill his heart with pride and confidence, because he has been a brave little bugger ever since!!
I love Hinckley Stinckley!! It's a tradition I hope my kids do with there kids when their older!!!  Thanks everyone for such a fin family weekend!!





Been there done that....and have the shirt and sucker to prove it!!


I love Whit's expression....." ya I just rode a sheep, wanna make something of it"!!


This is all you could see of Tate before the big race!!!  My uncle Doug didn't even know it was him!!


Best looking team I have ever seen!!

2 comments:

jeannie said...

Love the pictures , , it was a fun weekend!!

Lyndsey said...

How Fun! Good Job Kids! Your kids are so big, and So Cute!