Monday, August 9, 2010
13.1 Again
And it isn't any easier the second time!!!! We had talked about doing another race, and then my cousin Tif enteredtheProvo River Trail 1/2.........so my Grandma Hopes disease kicked in where you always say " Yeah I'll do that"....and we did. I have to say it was A LOT more mentally and physically challenging than my first one...I did reach my goal of finishing in under 2 hours though...1:54:03 was my time. The very best part of the whole thing was seeing our families at the finish line....I hope you all know what the means to us!!! I have not been able to move for the last two days, I am SOOOOOOO sore, I've had to get down on all fours to even stand up!!!! BUT.........I have a feeling that my damn Grandma Hopes disease is going to strike again, and I'll be up for another!!! Awesome job Tif!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs, and the fun!!!!!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good for you!!! I've always wanted to run a half marathon but I can't get past a 10K.. mostly because it scares me. :) Awesome job!!
Awesome time, under two hours is my goal for my next one it is the Haloween Half down Provo canyon in October if you are looking for another one.
Great job Kel, it was so fun, yet emotional to see you both cross the finish line. Hell I didn't know rather to take pcitures, blow my horn or wave my signs. when I saw you both.
look out here comes Wilma and Bette for the Halloween Half. Oh boy this is going to be good. Maybe Chad and Brandon can be Fred and Barney. Now who will be Pebbles and Bam-Bam and Deno.. Oh it is going to be good.
Good job Kel!! Nice time too!! You are awesome! :) Keep up the good work.
AWESOME JOB! I am so proud of you Kelli! You are such an inspiration and I hope to have some Grandma Hopes rub off on me someday. Way to go!
Wahoo! WE DID IT! I can hardly believe that I crossed that finish line. I think before too long I may actually be able to walk! And, not long after that I'm sure I will be able to go down the stairs!
Seriously, this was one of the funnest (did I really just say that?) things I have done in a long time. I can't believe what determination, dedication, and sheer tenacity it takes. Thank you so much for being my inspiration to do something wonderful for myself. The feeling of crossing that finish line is something absolutely indescribable! And, something that I honestly can't wait to experience again.
Thank you for running with me--thank you for being such a wonderful friend!
Great job!!
Way to go Kelli. Next up a marathon. You could totally do it!
Great job, Kelli! I'm super proud of you!! We're getting a treadmill this week. Maybe I'll join you sometime... in a few years :)
Post a Comment